GOALS AND ACTIVITIES The LWV of Alameda Health Care Committee works with League members and the community to educate and discuss health care related issues. The Committee explores and addresses the concerns of the community related to health insurance, Alameda Hospital, Medicare, health related legislation and related issues. The Committee arranges programs for the community with other organizations on health care issues. Committee is looking for volunteers who would like to get involved in these activities.
Health Care Committee Proposed Activities 1. Public program (community forum) with Alameda Hospital. Main topics to be covered:
• State of Alameda Hospital. • Alameda Health System. • Annual update of “State of Health” as required by law. • Medical needs of the community in a catastrophic situation. • Parcel tax – How it has been utilized for Alameda Hospital?
2. Single payer insurance.
3. One person from our committee should write an article related to Health Care in the “Voter” newsletter each month.
4. We should coordinate with LWVA Action Committee and work on current health care legislation.
5. Work with other organizations such as Mastick Center, City Health Care Department, Alameda Hospital and HICAP to provide information to the public on topics such as: •Health Insurance. •Prescription drugs issues, such as when they are in coverage gap, where and how people can get help. •Medicare frauds, and what people can do to prevent it.
6. Volunteers needed for following activities: • To write articles in Voter. • Work with Action Committee. • Work with different organizations such as Mastick Center, etc. • Get speakers for the programs and help arrange the programs. •Work with Alameda Hospital.
Current members Shubha Fanse, Robyn Young, Marion McKee, Donna Vaughn, Marlyn Ng, Kate Quick, Sally Faulhaber, Jim Meyers, Kathryn Duke, Joel Saldinger, Karen Butter, Bonnie Panlasigui, Nina Campagna, Doris Gee, Tracy Jensen, Mike Williams.
Contact If you are interested in joining Health Care committee, please call, email, or complete the online form below. Shubha Fanse at (510) 865-0548. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org