Meet Your Public Officials (MYPO) Mixer & Fundraiser
March 29, 2017 5:30-7:30pm
Elks Lodge, “Lodge Room” 2255 Santa Clara Avenue, Alameda
"Speed-date"® your elected representatives at Meet Your Public Officials, the League of Women Voters of Alameda reception and fundraiser. Socialize with public officials over wine (no-host bar) and appetizers. Bid on silent auction items and buy tickets to win raffle prizes!
Download the flyer. Buy MYPO tickets below and please remember to RSVP on the calendar.
Six Steps to Support MYPO
1. MAIL or pay ONLINE for your donation of $50.00 (5 x $10/ticket) TODAY. Mail to: LWVA, PO Box 1645, Alameda, CA 94501. Or make your purchase ONLINE HERE - you can buy your tickets below.Whether or not you use your tickets or plan to attend, please support our annual fundraiser. Questions about payment? Contact Marian Breitbart (510-769-1604; email@example.com).
2. DONATE items for the raffle and silent auction. For thesilent auction: vacation rentals, dinners for four or six in your home, tickets (to concerts, shows, sporting events, wine tastings, etc.), gift certificates for personal or professional services, or other bigticket items. For the raffle: smaller items such as bottles of wine, plants, gift baskets of fancy foods, kitchen items, home-made breads or cakes, cookbooks, etc. We need baskets for combining items! Items to contribute? Contact Keasha Martindill at KBJbarretts@sbcglobal.net or call Ruth at 510-865-2439. Please arrange for pickup or delivery by March 16: we cannot accept items at the event.
3.SOLICIT merchandise or gift cards/certificates from local businesses for raffle & auction. Ideas: gift baskets (coffee/tea, beauty products, wine, other merchandise); gift certificates from retail establishments, restaurants, movie theaters, health clubs, tourist venues, spas, and vendors of personal or professional services. Please download the solicitation letter. Questions? Contact Keasha. Need extra hard copy letters and/or flyers to give to businesses? Email or call Ruth (510-865-2439) or download the flyer andsolicitation letter here.
4. VOLUNTEER to help at the event on March 30th. Help set up and decorate the community center, sell tickets at the door, greet guests and public officials, assist with speed dating, work the food table, tend bar, sell raffle tickets, organize and monitor the raffle and auction tables, encourage people to bid, take photos, recruit new members, clean up, etc. Volunteer TODAY! Email or call Marian (510-769-1604).
5. BRING appetizers and/or wine to the eventFood is up to us again this year! Finger food only, please: fruit, cheese and crackers/bread, ethnic snacks, mini sandwiches or wraps, chips and dip, cold cuts, shrimp, crudités, cookies/brownies, etc. Beverage donations welcome at the bar. Questions? Email or call Shubha (510-865-0548).
6. ATTEND MYPO 2018 and SPEED DATE your public officials! Bring your friends, enjoy the food and wine, get great deals on raffle and silent auction items, and meet new people. Greet your Mayor and City Council, Health Care and School District board members, police and fire chiefs, city staffers, and many more! (More than 30 POs attended MYPO 2017!)
The donation deadline for raffle/silent auction items is Thursday, 16 March. We cannot accept items for MYPO after that day.
Please reach out to local businesses an ask for donations to support our local League. Please download and use the LWVA Business Donation letter.
Please email Keasha when you have an item/service ready. Don't delay, donate today!
Here are just a few of the fabulous donations we have received so far.
Purchase MYPO Tickets
LWVA members, please take steps now to help make our annual fundraiser a success! Purchase all 5 MYPO tickets online HERE! Or send a check payable LWVA and send to LWVA, PO Box 1645, Alameda, CA 94501.